Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Visit to Reggio Emilia, Italy







It's been one week since I returned from the Dialogues on Education International Study Group in Reggio Emilia. Now that the jetlag has subsided (and finals week is over at our University), I wanted to share just a few of the hundreds of photos that I took on my journey. Here you will see photos of the city, the wonderful place where we stayed, children's creations, and more. Since photos are not allowed to be taken inside of the schools, I will only be able to share what was taken from the outside and when lucky, what I could purchase and photograph. It is my hope that in the upcoming days and weeks, I can also share many of the inspiring quotes that were recorded in my notes during the conference (as well as the notes of the students and preschool staff that attended with me). Attending the International Study Group offered opportunities to learn and grow alongside professionals from Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Labanon, New Zealand, Netherlands, Poland, Singapore, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay, UK, Vietnam, and more. After meeting an American who is currently teaching preschool at the American Overseas Academy of Rome, I was also able to visit that school once the study group ended! Enjoy...








No comments:

Post a Comment